Saturday, September 26, 2009

Give me your thoughts and the stages of paleo

So i just want you all to give me some feedback. If you tried the recipes, let me know how you liked them! If there is any particular recipe you want or an alternative paleo friendly recipe, ask away and i will try my best to find it for you. If you have any you'd like to add send it to me and I'll post it or at least try to figure out how!

I think that my body is finally getting used to this diet. When I started about two months ago I was tired and felt like my brain was out of whack. It took a week for me to start feeling the same. The next stage was hunger. I was constantly hungry and running out of steam every hour, so i would snack pretty much all day. Now I think my body is finally settling into the paleo groove and I'm feeling really good. My body is maintaining it's energy and giving me a little extra and I'm not hungry all the time. The down side is that when I do finally give myself a little cheater meal, I feel like shit. My body doesn't handle junk the way it used to which is good but bad at the same time. I like to reward myself but my body punishes me for it with a little stomach ache. I feel good but i still miss some foods. I see a difference in the level of cravings I've been getting too. Last week my cravings were for pizza and this week it's nachos. But I don't fantasize about the nachos like I did the pizza. If anyone has any ideas on a sub for pizza that would be a gold mine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't necessarily had any cravings yet, but I have definitely noticed a change in energy levels entering week 2. I've got to start paying more attention to the fuel I'm ingesting, and when it's ingested.

CrossFit will be interesting while I figure out the proper fueling for the system.

Unknown said...

yeah, it sucks for a few weeks. good luck, and don't get discouraged. it's completely worth it when you bounce back.

Paleo baby boomer said...

There are lots of recipes around for cauliflower pizzas and they are pretty good.The teenage foodie has a recipe for wraps which is very good too and you could turn these into tortillas/nachos.

Paleo baby boomer said...

There are lots of recipes around for cauliflower pizzas and they are pretty good.The teenage foodie has a recipe for wraps which is very good too and you could turn these into tortillas/nachos.